24 July 2009

Legalities...

I'm sorry about this week, but I've been in court all week. It ended favorably for me today (thankfully)! But I was able to get a firsthand look at our legal system. Scary as it was, it is a fair system I think. Anyone ever think about law school???

The judge, law clerk, court reporter, bailiff, lawyers, jurors, plaintiff, and defendant were all very civil and respectful throughout the process. Although I have to say the entire episode made me reflect on the status of morals and ethics in our society. Any thoughts on the state of our society's morals or values?

So, now that that huge burden is over, I'm here for questions or comments again. Just a reminder, next week we sign off so let me know if there is anything more you want to chat about. Thanks to all of you!

2 comments:

  1. With this horrible economy, and the high rate of unemployment, this has to be affecting our society in a negative way. I think that when a person puts everything they have into a company for years, and then gets let go, it really changes a person's ethics. I don't think it changes everyone, but for most people i am sure it is hard to stay positive, and keep the same morals and values. This is obviously happening to a lot of people right now, and because of it our society is suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dori,

    This is a good point. I agree 100% that our current economic state is affecting the moral baseline people live by.

    Thanks, Karyn.

    ReplyDelete