16 June 2009

The beginning 1st Assignment

Devon Alejandro

Name: Devon Alejandro
Preferred email account: alejandrodevon@gmail.com
What are your areas of concentration for IDS major? What is your minor? Major: Health and Criminal Justice. Minor: Anthropology
When do you anticipate graduating? Spring 2010.
What's your favorite subject of study and your least favorite? My favorite subject of study is Science and Music .My least favorite would have to be Humanities.
Want to share your age? I am 33 years old.
If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Dubai
Do you have any pets? NO
What's your favorite book & movie? The Bible and the movie 300.
What's your favorite food/dining experience? My favorite type of food is Chinese. My favorite dining experience would be anywhere that serves chicken. I love chicken.
What do you like to do for fun? Any hobbies? I play basketball and play the piano.
Beach, mountains, or city? I like the beach and the city and I never been to the mountains. I lived in NYC and enjoyed the city life and I like the beach for the scenery.
How many other classes are you taking & what other obligations do you have? Would you like to share anything else? I am taking three classes this summer.Ihave a full time job and deal with my family and friends which is another full time job.
Activity #1: MapQuest I’d like you to go to www.mapquest.com and find a not well known town in any US state. Identify how far it is from Orlando, Florida. Find two to three interesting facts about the town to share with us.The town that I found is Ellijay, GA. Ellijay is 516.32 miles from Orlando, Florida. Ellijay is located in the blue ridge mountains. It’s the apple capital of Georgia. There was a gold rush their in 1842 and you can still find gold nuggets in the streams.WWW.downtownellijay.org.
Activity #2: Wal-Mart OK, we’ve all been to a Wal-Mart. I want you to provide three items that can be found in a Wal-Mart that describe you in some way. Please give a reason as to why the item describes you. www.walmart.com
Basketball-Its my favorite sport and I love watch it and play it.
Cologne- I want to always smell great.
Fruit punch- My favorite drink.
What made you choose interdisciplinary studies as a major?I chose interdisciplinary studies as a major because I like the fact that I can basically personalize my major.
For what reasons did you decide on your focuses/minor?My minor is Anthropology. I love to study the origins of human beings.
Have you had experience with online learning before?Yes, I have taken a few online courses at UCF.
What concerns do you have about online learning?I really don’t have any real concerns with online learning except for computer problems.
Do you think the interaction between Cornerstone & Capstone students will be useful?I think it’s very useful and interactions with students especially with experience is beneficial.
How productive do you think the mode of delivery (i.e.: blogging) will be?I think blogging should be very productive. It allows me to share my personal views and opinions with others.
What is your grade level (Freshman - Senior)? Any further questions or comments?I am a senior!

1 comment: